Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!!

McKenzie in her Easter dress...posing like a princess

McKenzie's Easter basket


McKenzie and Taylor

We had a great Easter and hope that everyone else did too! The Easter Bunny came to our house friday night while McKenzie was sleeping, so she woke up Saturday morning to a basket full of Easter candy and the movie Enchanted. She was so excited and watched her movie 3 times on Saturday. Grandma and Grandpa Topham came up for a visit with Ethan and Emma (McKenzie's cousins) saturday night and they stayed until sunday. They had lots of fun playing with toys, dyeing easter eggs, and driving McKenzie's barbie jeep around the front yard. They left Sunday afternoon, just as Kaysie and Taylor (cousins on the other side of the family) got to our house. They came over because Tyler had to work and the rest of the family was in St. George. We spent the day playing the wii, watching Enchanted (again!) and of course...eating. It was so fun to spend time with the family this weekend!



McKenzie is growing up so fast and has a very active imagination. Every day she pretends to be Belle or Tracy Turnblatt, or Ariel, or Giselle, or any other princess. I usually have to be the Beast. When she is pretending she is someone else and I ask her to put her toys away or clean up her room, her answer is always well.....I'm Belle.....appearantly princesses don't have to help clean up!

5 comments:

The Cecil's said...

How cute! I love Enchanted! Kenz is so stinken cute! I can't wait till Atti gets bigger and she starts doing the princess thing... well maybe I can. I think Isaac has the princess fever too, cause he dosen't ever think he has to clean up after himself either.

The Larson's said...

That is funny, I can totally see you as a beast :)! Looks like you had a fun Easter and I will call you tomorrow. We have a lot to catch up on!

Amy said...

Looks like fun! My kids got the Enchanted movie too and I swear we have watched it 10 times already! I think she is right, I don't think princesses do have to clean up!!

The Leavitt's said...

My girls have that same theory, apparently I missed that one in "how to raise a princess" training class. I thought princess' don't make messes that's why they don't have to clean them up! But mine sure do!!! Em and Eth had lots of fun and that's all Eth can talk about is driving the jeep around. I hope they let Kenz play a little with her own toys. Eth was acting all cool about sleeping on the air mattress with the little girls, like he was embarrased and too old for that and then when I acted excited for him he got a huge grin and said, it was so much fun, we watched a music movie to sleep to and Kenzie was in the middle (he really did like it). On another note, I learned today that TOSH has magnet status, very cool.

Tai and Joe said...

Hello! we are soooo bored at work! okay so who is princess Nancy? I am going to tell everyone to start calling me princess Nancy? Is she on a disney movie?