Monday, May 12, 2008

A Fun Day




We all had a really bad day on Wednesday, especially McKenzie. We felt really bad, so we decided to take Thursday last week and just focus on her. Bodie took the day off work and we went into Salt Lake to the Gateway. We told McKenzie we would take her to Build-A-Bear so she could make a piggy like Lily's. Well, we got there and there were no piggys. She wasn't upset or disappointed or anything and she picked out a turtle instead. Then when we were looking for clothes for the turtle, she came across an Ariel outfit. Most of you probably know that she loves Ariel anything and had to have it. So...we bought her the turtle with the Ariel costume. I have posted a picture so you all can see how "cute" it is. She loves it though and it made her happy, so it was worth it!








After we made the turtle, we went to Taifoon for dinner...it was so good. Thanks Melissa for turning me onto that restaurant! Then, we spent about an hour or so just playing in and around the fountains. McKenzie's favorite part was throwing money into them. She had such a good day, it made everything better to see her so happy. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful kid!

This is the BEST therapy!!

Playing in the fountain with Dad (I didn't want to get wet!)

Oh yeah, she ended up getting soaked and I wasn't prepared, so she also got a new outfit because it was too cold to get all the way back to the car with wet clothes. It was a good day for her!

4 comments:

The Larson's said...

I love little McKenzie! She is just so cute and I am so glad that she found an aerial outfit for her turtle! Been thinking about you! Love ya tons! Come out to Texas and see me sometime :)!

Tai and Joe said...

I am glad that you had a fun day! I just love you to death and love working with you. I think you are so great! Thanks for always being so sweet! I don't think anyone can make me laugh harder than you can.

Amanda said...

i love mckenzies turtle. She looks like she is having a great time. You and bodie are great to her. I am thinking about you. Have a good day. Love ya tonz. You are the best

The Cecil's said...

Aw... Looks like so much fun!
Her turtle looks like ET when he's all dressed up like a girl!
What cute family! I love you guys!