Thursday, October 9, 2008

GNO

McKenzie and I had a little girls night out last night. It was so much fun. She worked very hard the last couple weeks to earn all of her stickers so I told her she could have whatever she wanted. I was a little nervous to offer anything she wanted, but I did and she decided that she wanted a puffy vest that she saw at Children's Place a while ago. So, we went to South Towne Mall and got dinner, rode the carousel, and shopped. We got the puffy vest and even found a shirt to go with it. She was very excited when we found some frog pajamas and couldn't wait to wear them home! I am a little nervous for her to grow up and be a teenager because last night she was already showing a great interest in the shopping and buying stuff. When I told her we were leaving the mall, she said that we couldn't leave yet because we only had 2 bags, and she wanted lots of bags. We went in a couple more stores and got mad when I didn't buy the "really cute shirt" I was looking at. We passed Claires on the way out of the mall, so we had to make a stop in there and look at all of the "beautiful things" in there. Then, she talked me into a cookie from Mrs. Field's when we were really leaving the mall. It was so much fun to hang out with her. I love having a daughter!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

what a fun night Brooklyn always loves to have girl nights. They are a great reward.

The Larson's said...

You are such a fun mom! Hopefully Mckenzie can show me a thing or two about shopping! It was so good to talk to you! I miss you guys a lot!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Girl's are a lot of fun! The other day Brookie told me that she saw a girl with socks on with her sandals, and she then informed me that it was a big "no-no"! They learn so early to be little fashionistas!

Anonymous said...

That little girl is going to get everything her little heart desires! She has got you wrapped around her little finger! Miss you tons! Lets get together SOON! Love you! Heather

Kari said...

that sounds like so much fun! I can't wait for my baby girl to get here so we can start having girl shopping trips!!!

Habs said...

McKenzie is such a little character. I think I would be afraid to have her as a teenager too! She will be super fun to go shopping with but you MAY have to start saving for her wardrobe now! Ha Ha. We need to do a GNO :)