Sunday, September 5, 2010

First Day of School


Posing for the first day of school pictures!

McKenzie finally had her first day of Kindergarten. Finally in her words...not mine! She has done great going this first week. She goes in the morning and on the second day of school, she asked me if she could start walking in by herself...I said no! I had to make sure she knew where her class was! Now that she knows, she walks in by herself and is so proud of herself. She told me the other day that she had made a friend in class and when I asked what her friend's name is, she said she didn't know. She is really good at going, and doing her reading homework, but just about falls apart at night. I know she is just trying to figure out what it means to be in kindergarten...she has to be big, and independant, and has to do it for the next 20 years! When we were getting ready for the second day of school, she said that she didn't want to go anymore because she has to wake up so early and she doesn't even have time to do yoga anymore. I realize that it has only been a week so far, but overall, the whole school starting thing has gone over pretty well!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hooray finally a post. That little girl is soooooooooooooo cute. I hope she is liking school more and more.

Amanda said...

She is to cute brooklyn has the same shirt. when I was looking at this dawson kept saying brooklyn brooklyn. I said no that is mckenzie and he said no its not. Glad shool is going good so far. She is to dang cute.