Friday, March 4, 2011

Her First Wiggly Tooth

McKenzie was a very late bloomer when it came to getting teeth. She was almost exactly 9 months old before the first ones came in. Imagine my surprise when she was the first of her friends to get a wiggly tooth. Now, I can handle a lot of things that come along with having kids... diapers, puke, potty training (though I got off real easy on that one!) and all the other messes they make. I cannot, however, handle loose teeth. I don't know why, but it has always bugged me. I have dreaded the day when she started loosing her teeth. McKy's tooth was getting looser and looser until one day, when I was at work and Bodie was in charge, I came home to this:

Bodie talked her into letting him tie a string around it and pull it out. She was really excited until it happened...and it hurt. Bodie felt bad that she was so sad that he told her that they could write a letter to the tooth fairy letting her know that it was her first tooth to come out and it hurt and when she got that letter, she would probably give McKenzie $10. Bodie is no longer allowed to be in charge of communicating with the tooth fairy!

0 comments: