Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Entrepreneur of the Year

My dad was nominated for Entrepreneur of the Year this year. Every time he talked about it he called it his beauty pageant. Apparently there were several interviews and they came and took pictures and videos of him and all the other 24 nominees. There was a dinner we were all invited to where they announced the winner. It was fun to get dressed up and go out with my parents and all my brothers and sisters and our spouses.We got our oldest niece to come to my parents house and watch all the little kids. The kids love Lexi and were in heaven and like always, they were a little disappointed when we got home because that meant their night was over! Anyway, we all went downtown to the Salt Palace dinner and the award presentations. My dad kept telling us that he probably wasn't going to win, but it was nice to be nominated. Of course, the rest of us were not surprised when they announced his name. He is an amazing person. We are so lucky to have someone like him that we can look up to and try to pattern our lives after. Bodie and I waiting for dinner and the program to start.

Dad accepting his award. Big shout out to my sister Amanda for taking the pictures.All of us after the program. This is all of my brothers and sisters and their spouses...except my brother in law David who was in Maryland for work.

1 comments:

Habs said...

I didn't know your dad won! That is so awesome.