Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dancing Queen

McKenzie has been a dancing fool this last week. About 6 of our Young Women in our ward are on the Tooele High drill team. They had a dance clinic last week, so they called to see if McKenzie would like to go to the dance clinic. They practiced Tues, Wed, and Thurs night from 6-8 and then on friday night they performed at the football game. I was a little nervous that she wouldn't want to do it, which would have been fine. But I also kind of thought that she would get out on the football field and start crying (sound familiar Amanda?) Well, she did it and it was so cute. The video is of their dance and then they lay on the grass for a few minutes while the older girls do their dances. The second clip is at the very end, they all jump up and step and clap. I was so proud of her...she has obviously inherited my dancing skills (not her dad's as he's got rythm) McKenzie also started a tap/ballet class with her cousin Lucy this last week. She loved getting all dressed up in her leotard and tights and tap shoes! Really, she had so much fun dancing and she gets a huge smile on her face when anyone tells her that she did a good job. It has been a lot of fun.

6 comments:

Tai and Joe said...

Oh man, she is so cute. She did such a good job. I just love her. She is so sweet.

Amy said...

Millie, that was soooo cute! I was laughing out loud, I love how she was a step behind but still doing every step! Too cute!

Amanda said...

She is so cute she did such a good job. i can stand how stinking cute she is. Good Job mckenzie

Amanda said...

So I just re-read your post. So I cant help if it if I am a little wussy baby, Jsut wait until mckenzie pulls and aunt amanda. What a great example I am

Habs said...

Mckenzie did such a great job. She looked like she was the youngest girl out there so she definitely did a FABULOUS job. Maybe McKenzie can teach me some of her moves :)

Kari said...

that is the cutest dancing I have seen!!! She is a doll, and I loved how she did her kick even after everyone was already standing. She knew her dance and she was doing it!